Monday, June 6, 2011

Party on the Farm

Our friends Adam and Amy just celebrated Adam's dad's 60th birthday. He has a farm and cows and loves tractors. It was a pretty big party, so I was asked to do 2 cakes. One with a cow on it, and the other with a tractor. There were a couple of quirks with these cakes, but everything turned out great! Apparently not all tractors are green... Luckily Amy emailed me a couple of days before I did the cake and let me know he wanted a Massey Ferguson (red) tractor, NOT a John Deere (green) one because he really doesn't like John Deere. GOOD THING SHE TOLD ME!! When I think of a tractor, I think green... That would have been bad! Also, I found a picture of a cow online that I wanted to use to guide my design. I had just finished it when my husband came it and said, "Do you realize that cow has horns AND an utter?". I went with the design on the picture, never even thinking about the GENDER of the cow!!! BUT, I had Nathan quickly go online and look up whether or not female cows could have horns, and THEY CAN!! Whew! 2 disasters avoided, and 2 cakes I was pleased with! Hope the birthday boy was, too!

1 comment: