Friday, January 27, 2012

THE most glorious birthday EVER!

Well, as you can tell by my previous posts, I'm a little behind in getting my cake pictures up here. Sorry. Especially if you were waiting to see YOUR cake. I'm finally wrapping up the December posts, ending with the cakes I made to celebrate the most wonderful birthday ever known to man--the birth of Jesus Christ, the holy and perfect Son of the one true God, the only name by which man can be saved from the just wrath of God for our sin. We celebrate His miraculous birth at Christmas. I did a cake for the celebration after the children's Christmas program at our church's child development center. That cake matched the invitation given to the parents and it was centered around the theme of sheep--shepherds being the first to receive the good news of the savior's birth, and also knowing that Jesus is the Lamb of God, and that His death and resurrection was the one pure, atoning sacrifice.


The other cake I did was for our own home, a Happy Birthday, Jesus cake. We are striving to teach and train our children in the fear and admonition of the Lord, praying all the time that God would save them. It's vitally important that they know that Christmas is not about presents, Santa, or even them or our family, but it is a celebration of our only Hope! I pray that your Christmas was filled with rejoicing at the birth of our Savior!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin, you made a cake for my sister in law Shelly Dix(Hamlin) for my brother's 30th birthday. I wanted to see if you could possibly do one for my husband's 30th birthday as well. I know it is kind of short notice, but figured I would check. I would need for Saturday February 11. His party is at 6 that evening. Just contact me at whitneydd@gmail.com if you are interested in making the cake. It is for about 60 people.

    Thanks, Whitney MacBrien

    ReplyDelete